Today we discuss how using web based, cloud technology with home care back office software can dramatically transform your home care agency while seriously differentiating your home care services from all the other “we provide excellent care too” agencies you’re competing against. As far as back office software is concerned, the best home care software is in the cloud! I will introduce you to one of the most remarkable systems available with an offer you don’t want to miss!
In a previous article, I wrote about having your home care business take the leap into the cloud. If you’ve not considered integrating your home care software with the cloud for your home care agency or not sure what cloud computing even is, read more about the cloud here.
Interested in becoming the leader in your market of home care providers that leaps ahead of the industry curve?
Are you serious about positioning your home care agency to grow for years to come?
Is your home care agency using paper based time cards?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the questions above — this for you! We’ll discuss these questions plus I share some exciting news and a special treat that will help your agency obtain the system we talk about! We’ve reserved the valuable details for our treasured members, which you can become for FREE as a Basic Member.
The Best Home Care Software is in the Cloud! Transform Your Home Care Business
One of the primary benefits of using web based software (i/e: cloud technology) is the ability to centralize your home care services business information while decentralizing where and how you’re able to access it. Imagine stepping out of the office and being able to access the data where ever you go! Image being able to manage and monitor caregiver’s status in real time – where ever they are, where ever you are. Imagine getting a call from your client’s family member asking you to stop by at the last minute and you know exactly what’s been happening with the client because you can access their info in real time – from anywhere.
We live in the age of tablets, iPads, smartphones and electronic devices of all sizes in between. These devices are the perfect tools for the home care industry because they’re portable, becoming less and less expensive and allow you to access your data anywhere. They allow you to place the right information in the hands of your various staff members and clients where they are, in real time. The home care industry has never been more ready to put these devices to work to help your agency become more productive, efficient and effective in how you deliver care services to your clients.
Recently, I had the great opportunity to meet Michael McAlpin, Founder and CEO of ADLware. ADLware is a web based, all encompassing home care software system which combines all the sales, marketing, scheduling, hiring, intake, and telephony needs of your home care business while featuring a one-of-a-kind GPS Timecard and Family Communication portal!
After hearing just a little about what ADLware did, Michael offered a demo of the new ADLware. Released in September of 2011, Michael and his team have put together an incredible software system that clearly positions them as a leader, ahead of any other software system available for the private duty home care industry. I’ve looked at and considered most of the systems available in today’s home care industry and this one blows doors off them. A system that integrates each department of your business seamlessly while allowing you to access your business from anywhere, from any device: Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, and Linux systems. At the time of this post no other system offers that, which puts ADLware at the forefront of understanding how to integrate today’s technology into solutions to operate your business more efficiently and cost effectively!
Imagine, not needing to invest in servers, hardware or worry about network setup because it’s all taken care of! All you need is the laptop, iPad, Android tablet and/or smart phones to access your system. The cost of entry to the home care industry have just been reduced for you while positioning yourself as being able to serve your clients in a way your competition can’t – in real time.
Differentiate Your Home Care Agency From the Competition
So how does the simple step of using this web based, cloud driven system position your company ahead of and better than your competition? Let us count some ways:
- Add Value With Transparent Access for Families – Clients, families and care managers are able to access client’s schedules, post and read notes from your agency, care managers or other family members using FamilyCARESTM.
- Increase Efficiency Using Mobile Intake/Assessment Forms – As you perform your Client Assessment, you’ll enter the details directly to your mobile device. When you’re done – the office can access the Assessment in real time and get busy coordinating staff, filling the client’s schedule needs.
- Real Time Reporting of Caregiver Tasks – ADLware’s customizable task reporting allows you to create custom task menus tailored to the needs of your organization and individual clients so that caregivers can easily report the activities they perform during a shift. Learn what tasks were completed as soon as the caregiver enters it from his/her shift – and read the visit notes! Respond and address progress or issues with family and care managers as they occur.
- Improve Your Referral and Lead Tracking with Built In CRM Tools – Update the CRM immediately after you meet that COIN. Schedule follow-ups to make sure you foster that relationship and develop the new referral sources. No need to spend late nights entering this after your day of meetings has completed.
- GPS Mobile Device Time Tracking – The industry’s only Mobile Device Time Card! This unique solution allows you to verify your caregivers’ locations through GPS tracking when they log-in. Ensure timely arrival at the assigned client’s home or facility. Messages go out automatically if a Caregiver is late. If you think regular telephony is awesome, this feature will blow your socks off!
- Scheduling and Billing Work Integrate to Your Time Tracking – keep your business running smoothly and integrate the system to accounting software like Quickbooks.
- Know Exactly Whats Going On With Each Client During Visits – Communication between the office, caregiver, care manager and family flows smoothly. You’ll know exactly what the status of each client is before you make your visits.
- Daily Shift Reminders Sent To All Caregivers Scheduled for Shifts the Following Day – Reduce the number of last minute phone calls or no-shows by caregivers who forgot their shift.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a start-up company, moving off of paper time cards for the first time (what took you so long?), or a thriving office with hundreds of clients ADLware is prepared with the system. These capabilities were only able to be dreamed of in the industry when I launched my first agency over a decade ago.
With the right tools now, you are in a position to grow smarter, faster, more efficiently and in a more organized manner. ADLware can help you and your business work more efficiently (among many other benefits). However, having these tools doesn’t guarantee you’ll grow. They are just a piece to growing your business effectively. All the right tools in the world can be at your doorstep and still have no business. THAT is up to YOU. A carpenter doesn’t build houses simply by arriving with tools. They must do the heavy lifting using the tools, to build a house – only AFTER they signed the contract to build the house. What I’m driving at is in the home care business, growth comes from being in the field, meeting people. Meeting people happens in client’s homes, networking groups, insurance agent’s offices, care facilities and a hundred more places I won’t list here … not in your office. With these web based tools and systems in place, your administrative staff is able to run things at the office. You need to be shaking hands and developing relationships with COINs (Centers of Influence and Networks), performing client assessments.
And Now – The Special Treat!
After seeing ADLware in action, it had to be shared, knowing all that ADLware can do for you. All our active SILVER MEMBER are now eligible for a 20% monthly ADLware subscription discount as long as your Home Care How To membership remains active. Sign Up Today as a SILVER Member and let us know you’re ready for ADLware.